NHK to replace fleet of HMI lights with Stella Pro 10000c Single Point LEDs
Stella Pro 10000c
August 2018 – Marina, CAJapanese Broadcast Corporation NHK (Nippon Hoso Kyokai) has selected Light & Motion’s Stella Pro 10000c as their light of choice to replace HMI lights across affiliate stations in Japan. The Stella Pro 10000c provides significant advantages over the HMI lights they are replacing. An ultra-lightweight, compact and simple platform provides setup time measured in seconds – not minutes – allowing crews to start capturing content at unprecedented speed. Lighting from the single point LED source is both consistent and stable with a TLCI rating of 94; the powerful output is able to cut through direct sunlight for daytime use and flood an entire scene at night to provide ultimate lighting versatility. The small design is also much more robust than HMI light fixtures – Stella is the only professional light that is certified to withstand repeated drops on concrete and shoot in a range of weather conditions without worry. Safety is an important benefit for broadcast crews moving towards state-of-the-art LEDs. The lights run at lower operating temps and don’t emit UV light like HMIs, which makes Stella Pro far safer for on camera talent and the entire production team.
POWERFUL, PORTABLE, PROGRESSIVE
The Stella Pro 10000c for NHK supports a wide range of existing V-mount batteries with voltage ranging from 11V to 30V and can easily be integrated into D-TAP. Light shaping is simple with an effective range of modifiers including a 25° Spot Fresnel, 50° Optic, and an innovative Glo-Bulb Diffuser. Stella also easily adapts to soft boxes for formal interviews.
“We are thrilled to be chosen by NHK as the future light for their news crews across Japan. We are confident that Stella
Pro will deliver years of trouble free performance and help news crews capture breaking news faster and with greater ease.”
- Daniel Emerson, CEO Light & Motion
- Certified TLCI 94, CRI 92, CCT 5600 Kelvin
- Output up to 18,640 Lux at 1 Meter
- AC/DC supply allows light to run off of D-Tap and various external power sources
- Sophisticated flicker-free firmware design
- Continuous dimming with control ring
- Controlled focus from native 120° down to 50° & 25° with optional portable modifiers
- Broad range of accessories including Profoto and Chimera adaptability
- Backed by Light & Motion’s 2 Year Warranty and Enhanced Experience Guarantee