How to Mount a Rotalux Softbox?
In this simple video tutorial, Gnigami elucidates the belief that the sophisticated Rotalux light-shapers are rather difficult to set-up.
- Place your softbox on the ground (speed-ring down), allowing the soft box to naturally open up.
- Use the palm of your hand to press the tension rod down, whilst maintaining the locking ring to the ground.
- Pinch the rounded ferrule and slide it into the locking ring housing. Repeat for all tension rods.
- Place the soft box on the ground (speed-ring up) and twist light fixture into place.
- Mount your fitted fixture onto the light stand.
- Reverse the diffusion material process and place the softbox on the ground, facing down.
- Remove light fixture from the speed ring.
- Flip the softbox so that the interior is facing up, and place back on the ground.
- Brace the locking ring with one hand, press down on the tension rods to release the tension at the ferrule housing on the locking ring.
- Pinch ferrule and pull out while pressing down on the rod. Repeat for all tension rods.
- ** Note that Rotalux carry case is not included and has to be bought separately